Top 10 Reasons Not to Retire
"The LORD said to Moses, This applies to the Levites: Men twenty-five years old or more shall come to take part in the work at the Tent of Meeting, but at the age of fifty, they must retire from their regular service and work no longer. They may assist their brothers in performing their duties at the Tent of Meeting, but they themselves must not do the work. This, then, is how you are to assign the responsibilities of the Levites." Numbers 8:23-26 (New International Version)
10. Have too much energy to let it go to waste
9. Have too much to offer to sit idly-by
8. Find fulfillment in work, vocation, or in helping others
7. Have no desire to vegetate
6. Desire to make a difference and a contribution to society
5. Like to work
4. Like to be around other people
3. Enjoy good health and able to continue working
2. Must continue working for income or benefits
1. You simply desire to continue working
- Do you need a job?
- Are you interested in seeking career counseling?
- Do you wish to change careers?
- Are you interested in going back to school and pursuing a degree?
Explore ALL your Options
- Conduct a web search of employment opportunities
- Consult with online job search sites, or online employment sites
- Interview with a local for-profit employment agency
- Interview with your local state employment agency
- Interview with a local temporary or temp employment agency
- Seek career counseling
- Explore a career change
- Check out online and local educational opportunities
- You have many other options…explore any and all you choose to pursue
- Seek God’s perfect will as you consider your many options